McDonald's Chili Range

McDonald's has been one of my go to outlets when I am craving for some pocket friendly fast food.

I have visited McDonald's outlets in a number of cities across the world and the menu changes from country to country. It is exciting to see and try out new items on their menu in each country.

In India, McDonald's has introduced many items catering to the taste buds of Indians over the years. Its always exciting to see what they come up with each time. So when they recently introduced the new Chili range, i just had to try it out!

With the increasing number of Covid-19 cases in the country, I was a little worried about ordering food. But once I read about the safety measures they have in place, I was instantly at ease. In order to ensure safety, they conduct thermal screening of employees, delivery riders and also the visitors and customers! If any of their staff has a high temperature or flu-like symptoms or is not wearing masks, they are not allowed to enter the premises. The staff ensures that they regularly wash and sanitize their hands and wear masks and gloves all the time to avoid contamination of the food. They also implement strict physical distancing measures at the outlets including the kitchen, delivery and lobby areas, using floor markers.

Now that my mind was at ease, I went ahead and ordered the Chili Veg burger and an Orange Fizz.
The food arrived in a neatly sealed bag and the driver ensured that he wore a new pair of gloves before he took out the package and handed it over to me.

The Chili Veg burger is made of a delicious vegetable patty made of carrot, peas, French beans, potato and cabbage flavor topped with some delicious sauce packed in a lightly toasted bun. The burger is quite spicy owing to the hot chili sauce (made with red chilies, tomato, onion, garlic, pepper, soy sauce and vinegar) but has a balance because of the shredded onions.

If you really like the burger, you also have the option of adding an extra patty to ‘double-up the taste’! (I ordered 2 burgers instead :P)



The Orange Fizz was a great accompaniment to the spicy burger as it was slightly sweet and tangy with flavors of Mandarin and a hint of Red Chili. It is the perfect drink to beat the heat this summer.
It also reminded me of the orange flavoured drinks I had as a child during Summers.



The burgers and drinks are priced at INR 59 (Plus applicable taxes) per item and is a good pocket friendly option.

Overall, it was nice to see that McDonalds is continuing to evolve and introduce items which cater to the Indian market and is doing a good job of it!

I am sure that you guys will love the new burgers and the orange fizz! Try it out and let me know what you think!

Happy eating!

Comments

Popular Posts