McDonald's Big Hug' burgers

McDonald's is always my go to outlet when I am craving for some pocket friendly fast food. I specially love their range of fish and Spicy chicken items and its very rare that I do not order at least one of the two.

So when I saw that they recently introduced the new 'Big Hug' burgers with double the chicken and fish patties, i just had to try it out! The name 'Big Hug' was inspired by people’s craving of hugging their loved ones, something that has reduced in the recent times which lead to burgers where two patties are hugging each other tightly. 😊😊😊

With the increasing number of Covid-19 cases in the country, McDonald's has been a pioneer and has adopted some great safety measures to put customers instantly at ease. In order to ensure safety, they conduct thermal screening of employees, delivery riders and also the visitors and customers! If any of their staff has a high temperature or flu-like symptoms or is not wearing masks, they are not allowed to enter the premises. The staff ensures that they regularly wash and sanitize their hands and wear masks and gloves all the time to avoid contamination of the food. They also implement strict physical distancing measures at the outlets including the kitchen, delivery and lobby areas, using floor markers.

With the assurance that safety measures are in place, I ordered the Spicy chicken 'Big Hug' burger and the Filet-o-fish 'Big Hug' burger. The food arrived in a neatly sealed bag and the driver ensured that he wore a new pair of gloves before he took out the package and handed it over to me.

The Spicy Chicken burger with double patty was just what I had imagined with all the delicious flavours, mayo, lettuce and the goodness of 2 spicy chicken patties instead of one and double the pleasure ! I could barely fit it into my mouth but I knew I wanted more as soon as I finished it.




The Filet-o-fish is an underrated burger but is very high on taste. The simple yet flavourful burger has been my favourite for a long time now. The tartar sauce and the cheese slice make all the difference. 
The warm and flaky patty with the steamed buns make the perfect burger and with double patties provides double the pleasure ! 




I was stuffed by the end of the meal but was already looking forward to more. The burgers start at INR 59 (plus applicable taxes) and are good pocket friendly options. The double patty variants are available for McAloo Tikki, McVeggie, McChicken, McSpicy Paneer, McSpicy Chicken, Filet-O-Fish and Dosa Masala burgers.

I am sure that the double patty variants will soon become every burger lover’s delight as they are mine. 

Try it out and let me know what you think!

Happy eating!

Comments

Popular Posts